CompTia Advanced Security Practitioner
|Dates:||August 27-31, 2018 Other Dates|
|Meets:||M, Tu, W, Th and F from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM 5 sessions|
|Location:||Center for Lifelong Learning 218|
There are still openings remaining at this time.
You have experience in the increasingly crucial field of information security, and now you're ready to take that experience to the next level. CompTIA® Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) (Exam CAS-002) is the course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments. In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened. Today's IT climate demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you develop the skill set you need to confidently perform your duties as an advanced security professional.
This course can also benefit you if you intend to pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS-002) certification examination. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
In this course, you will analyze and apply advanced security concepts, principles, and implementations that contribute to enterprise-level security.
- Manage risk in the enterprise.
- Integrate computing, communications, and business disciplines in the enterprise.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for storage.
- Analyze network security concepts, components, and architectures, and implement controls.
- Implement security controls for applications.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, and applications in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments.
- Conduct incident and emergency responses.
This course is designed for IT professionals who want to acquire the technical knowledge and skills needed to conceptualize, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. The target student should aspire to apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organizational strategies; translate business needs into security requirements; analyze risk impact; and respond to security incidents.
While there is no required prerequisite, the CASP certification is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus at the enterprise level.