Introduction to ASP.NET MVC 2 Programming
|Meets:||On Demand - 3 day training|
There are still openings remaining at this time.
Online registration is not available at this time. Please contact our office for more information.
Support Person: SummaSource at Auburn Montgomery Phone: 334-244-3080 Email: email@example.com
The ASP.NET Core MVC Framework is the latest evolution of Microsoft’s ASP.NET web platform, built on a completely new foundation. It represents a fundamental change to how Microsoft constructs and deploys web frameworks and is free of the legacy of earlier technologies such as Web Forms. ASP.NET Core MVC provides a "host agnostic" framework and a high-productivity programming model that promotes cleaner code architecture, test-driven development, and powerful extensibility.
This course starts with an introduction to ASP.NET Core MVC 2 and the Model-View-Controller pattern on which it is based. You’ll learn about the main differences between MVC and Web forms applications, see how to build a real MVC application with Visual Studio, explore each of the three main components of an MVC application, and how to create controllers and actions to manage the workflow of an application. You’ll dig into action methods and results, explore models, learn to implement a model using both custom classes and Entity Framework data models, and how to centralize data validation using a model. Next you’ll get into views, how to create them, interact with data provided by the controller, how to add content to a view, and use HTML helpers to make it easier to build views. As you progress further you’ll explore how you can use action filters to keep your action methods pristine while implementing cross-cutting features, look at the Routing API and how MVC makes use of it to respond to Web requests and generate URLs for links in the application. Finally, MVC and AJAX are two great tastes that taste great together, and you’ll see how to use them together in an application to create a great user experience. All the new MVC features are described in detail and the course explains how best to apply them to both new and existing projects.
What's New in this Course
- Fully updated for Visual Studio 2017, C# 7 and .NET Core 2
- Coverage of new features such as view filters
- Wider platform and tooling coverage than ever before, with more on Visual Studio Code and working with .NET Core on non-Windows platforms
- Docker-based application deployment
What You Will Learn
- Gain a solid architectural understanding of ASP.NET Core MVC
- Explore the entire ASP.NET Core MVC 2 Framework as a cohesive whole
- See how MVC and test-driven development work in action
- Learn what's new in ASP.NET Core MVC 2 and how best to apply these new features to your own work
- Build on your existing knowledge of previous MVC releases to get up and running with the new programming model quickly and effectively
Who Should Attend?
This course is best for those who want to upgrade their skills to the newest version of ASP.NET Core MVC 2 or students who are just beginning to learn MVC development. You will learn web application development using the new completely written from scratch framework called ASP.NET Core MVC 2. Students should already be familiar with the basics of HTML, CSS, and C#.
- Your First MVC Application
- The MVC Pattern, Projects, and Conventions
- Essential C# Features
- Working with Razor
- Working with Visual Studio
- Unit Testing MVC Applications
- Creating A Real Application
- Adding Navigation
- Completing the Cart
- Adding Administration
- Implementing Security