Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:
How do I create a new user account?
In order to register for classes online, you must have an account with AUM Continuing Education. Creating an account also gives you online access to view your registration history, change your address and more.
You can go to our Sign up page to create a new account.
Note: you must have an email address to set up an account with us.
I've taken a class before. How do I get a passord?
Past participants can create a password by going to the Log On area. You will need to type the e-mail address that we have listed in our records in the 'E-mail Address' field. Then, type the 1st letter of your first name, the 1st letter of your last name, then your zipcode in the 'Password' field. For example: John Doe from Montgomery, AL 36117 would type jd36117 in the 'Password' field.
Participants who sometimes go by another name will need to type the first letter of the first name we have listed in our records. If you are not sure what we have listed, you can either call us at 334-244-3804 or e-mail us at [email protected]
What classes do you currently offer?
Select the "Courses" link (in the top navigation bar) to see the list of classes we currently offer.
How do I register for terms and classes?
To register for a Class:
- Look Up Classes - look up the Class you want to enroll in on our Classes Listing page.
- Add to Enrollment Cart - click the Enroll Yourself button on the Course Information page to start the registration process.
- Logon - Type your email address and password if you are a past participant. If you have never taken a class with us before, click the "Create Account" option. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Class Options - select the Class fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees). OLLI Terms and membership dues will have fees, but the classes themselves do not have fees. The OLLI Term fee covers the classes which allows you to take as many as you wish for your schedule.
Here is where you will also have the option to add someone else to the course.
- Save to Cart - It is very important that you save the course to your cart BEFORE proceeding. If you do not click "Save to Cart and Add More Courses" you will not save the course to your cart. Save it first, then proceed to the next registration.
- Add More Classes - If you are enrolling in other Classes, click "Save to cart and add more courses" button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. When you save courses to your cart, you will see them listed at the bottom of the page in the Enrollment Cart Entries area. Make sure ALL the courses you want are listed there and THEN click "Proceed to Checkout".
- Proceed to Checkout - once you have added all the desired classes to your Enrollment Cart, click the Proceed to Checkout button to continue the registration process.
- Make Payment - edit your personal information if necessary then click the Payment Service button to continue on to our Payment Service to make your payment.
- Registration Confirmed - when you are finished with the payment process, the Transaction Completed page is displayed notifying you that you are enrolled in the Classes(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
How do I register for someone else?
First log in to your account by following the steps above. Go to the course you wish to enroll someone else to. Click on "Enroll Someone Else" to start the process. You will see options to either add someone who is already in our system or you can create an account for them. You may also see a listing of others you have previously registered.
You will be able to see their enrollments and your enrollments all on your Enrollment Cart.
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
Our registration system accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. We do not accept American Express anymore. If you would like to pay by check or cash, please come by our office to register in person. You may mail a check to our office for registration. Please make checks payable to Auburn University at Montgomery
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
Annual Membership dues ($40) are non-refundable. Term fees (Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer) are refundable only if we are notified (by phone or email) 10 business days prior to the start date of the term. Term refunds will be processed on the cost per term basis minus a 10% administrative fee. Term fees can be transferred to other terms only within the current OLLI year. Failure to attend does not constitute a cancellation.
OLLI Field Trip fees are non-refundable.
How do I cancel a registration?
You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact:
AUM Continuing Education
[email protected] *
*Please include your full name and email address or phone number, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course title, and dates) and an email or phone number where we can contact you.
What do I do if I've lost my password?
You can send a request for your password to be sent to your email address on our Lookup Password page.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled or have attended, log in using your email address and password. Once you are logged in, visit the Registration History page then click the appropriate button:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and location
- Current Courses - view a list of any courses you are currently attending
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with the hours/ceus/grades earned